Daily Management with TOC (Chapter 24 of the Theory of Constraints Handbook)Oded Cohen
Level of TOC knowledge acquired:Advanced and Intermediate
Designed for:Business owners, Consultants, Implementers, Leaders and Managers
Application:Evaporating Cloud, Future Reality Tree / Negative Branch, Pre-requisite Tree / IO Map and Thinking Processes
This book contains a blend of Theory of Constraints (TOC) methodology and standard solutions that have been developed, implemented, and perfected over almost three decades. This chapter is about giving managers the Thinking Processes (TP) tools and procedures to enhance their ability to make better decisions, implement them, and get the expected outcomes. To manage the TOC way we need a common basic agreement:
The role of managers is to ever improve the performance of the area under their responsibility.
- Solving Daily Problems
- From a Problem to the Solution Implementation
- Conclusion—Problem Solving the TOC Way
Comprehensive coverage of the Theory of Constraints
Complete Table of contents of the Theory of Constraints Handbook
- I: What is TOC?
- II: Critical Chain Project Management
- III: DBR, Buffer Management, and Distribution
- IV: Performance Measures
- V: Strategy, Marketing, and Sales
- VI: Thinking Processes
- VII: TOC in Services
- VIII: TOC in Complex Environments
- Theory of Constraints in Complex Organizations
- Applications of Strategy and Tactics Trees in Organizations
- Complex Environments
- Combining Lean, Six Sigma, and the Theory of Constraints to Achieve Breakthrough Performance
- Using TOC in Complex Systems
- Theory of Constraints for Personal Productivity/Dilemmas
- IX: Summary
About the Authors:
James F. Cox III, Ph.D, CFPIM, CIRM, holds TOCICO certifications in all disciplines. He is a Jonah's Jonah, Professor Emeritus, and was the Robert O. Arnold Professor of Business in the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. Dr. Cox has written three books on TOC.
John Schleier holds TOCICO certifications in all disciplines. He was President and Chief Operating Officer of the Mortgage Services Division of Alltel, Inc., Executive Vice President of Computer Power, Inc., and Director of Office Systems and Data Delivery for IBM.