Introduction to the Theory of Constraints (TOC) Management SystemThomas B. McMullen Jr.
Level of TOC knowledge acquired:Introductory
Designed for:Executives, Managers, Academics, Consultants and Students
Topics:Thinking Processes, Ongoing Improvement, Finance and Measurements, Holistic Implementation, Management Skills, Operations/Production and Project Management
Application:Current Reality Tree, Evaporating Cloud, Five Focusing Steps, Future Reality Tree / Negative Branch, Critical Chain and Drum-Buffer-Rope
Format:Hardcover and Download
This book helps busy executives and professionals quickly learn and implement TOC principles. Introduction to the Theory of Constraints (TOC) Management System organizes several proven TOC principles, processes, and solutions into a TOC management system that has been successfully applied to everything from manufacturing industries to health care.
The TOC management system offers management techniques that are sound, practical, and can be applied to nearly every company, project, or personal endeavor imaginable. It has created fundamentally new ways of managing, and has dramatically improved the ability of hundreds of thousands of individuals to make smart decisions on a daily basis.
- Provides a compact source of information and how to instructions for those who are beginning their study and initial use of TOC.
- Enables directors and executives of corporations, not-for profits, and other institutions to initiate and guide applications of TOC and its management system.
- Organizes proven TOC principles, processes, and solutions (TOC Best Practices) into a TOC Management System.
- Highlights the TOC Management System\'s suitability for generating superior degrees of short-and long-term profitability, employment stability, and stakeholder loyalty.
- Describes the TOC Throughput Value Added (TVA) financial management system, including its important new operational definition.
- 1. What is the Theory of Constraints
- 2. Where did Toc come from?
- 3. Why do people say they like TOC?
- 4. Who has used TOC?
- 5. Where is TOC headed?
- 6. How do I get started with TOC?
Table of Contents
- What is the Theory of Constraints (TOC)?
- A Management Science
- Elements of the TOC Management System
- TOC Thinking Processes ("Logic Trees")
- TP Impact on Management Skills
- TOC Project Management
- The TOC Financial Management System
- TOC Logistics and Scheduling
- The TOC Management System at Work
- Where Did TOC Come From?
- Why Do People Say They Like TOC
- Who Has Used TOC?
- APICS Constraint Management Symposia
- Additional Sources
- Other Public Domain Indications of TOC Activity
- Where is TOC Headed?
- How Do I Get Started With TOC?
- Company-Wide TOC Implementations
- Starting as an Individual
- TOC Resources for Self-Education
- No Time Like the Present!
- Epilogue: A Riddle, but Follow the Rules!